Some people want to keep everything private and behind the fences, such as passwords and encryptions, while others prefer a more fluid approach and feel stiff when they are constantly faced with this type of security protocol.
Depending on the settings, Windows 10 might or might not ask for credentials to log in and let you use your data. If you installed Windows yourself, you had the opportunity to choose the option you prefer. However, what if you have made a mistake, or changed your mind, or left the installation to the professionals?
What if you no longer want Windows password protection and want to hop into Windows just a few seconds after you press the power button, without any hassle?
You will be happy to know that there are multiple ways you can get there and turn off your password protection with ease, and everything you need to do is stay tuned and read the following advice carefully.
How to Remove Password from Windows 10
As mentioned, there are multiple ways to turn off your Windows 10 password protection and here, you are going to be introduced to three of them.
How to disable password login on Windows 10
If you opted for removing the password protection from Windows 10 entirely, you need to do the following:
- Go to Search, type “netplwiz”
and once it appears in the search results enter it.
- After that, find the Account name under the “User for this computer”, for which you want to remove the password, select it, and uncheck the box next to “User must enter a user name and password to use this computer”.
- Click on “Apply”.
- Enter your Microsoft account credentials, press “OK”
and after that, once again and you are done.
How to remove the password for Microsoft account
If you are willing to switch to a local account and remove the Microsoft account password, this is what you have to do:
- Go to “Search”, type “Settings”,
and select them when they appear in the Search results.
- Enter the “Accounts”, in the newly opened window,
and go to the “Your info” section.
- Once you do that, choose to “Sign in with a local account instead”
and go to “Next”.
- Confirm your current password, and select “OK”.
- Enter the username you want to use, leave the fields next to “Password” and “Reenter password” unfiled,
and select “Next”.
- Go to “Sign out” and that is it.
How to remove the password for local account
In the case you want to remove the password from the Windows 10 local account, these are the steps to follow:
- First, you need to go to the “Search” section, type “Settings”,
and when they appear in the results, enter them.
- After that, go to “Accounts”
and click on “Sign-in options”.
- Choose the “Password” option, under the “Manage how you sign in to your device” and press “Change”.
- Enter your current account password,
go to “Next”,
and when the new window appears,
leave all the fields empty and click “Next” once again.
- Press the “Finish” button and your job is done.