Clipboard Tool is a relatively new Windows feature that is introduced with the Windows 10 October 2018 Update and presents the list of the last 24 items copied to the clipboard, including text, HTML, and images. To rephrase it, it stores the most common copy-paste items that you use, allowing you to copy them whenever you need them, without the unnecessary hassle of finding them in the maze of your files and folders.
This list deletes itself every time you restart the Windows and only keeps the items that are pinned. In other words, it automatically deletes the unnecessary items, only leaving the data that you use on an everyday basis, allowing you a fresh start, with only the necessities, whenever you turn on your computer.
However, what should you do if you have already fielded all the 24 positions and want to add some other items, or you want to remove all, or just some of the data, without restarting the machine? In that case, the only option is to remove them yourself, and luckily, that is a process that shouldn’t take too much of your time.
How to Clear Clipboard History on Windows 10
If you ended up in the situation where you need to delete some of the Clipboard data by yourself, these are some of the options that you can try.
How to Clear a Single Item on Clipboard History on Windows 10
In the case you want to delete just a single item, this is what you need to do:
- First, enter Clipboard History by pressing “Windows key” + V on your keyboard.
- After that, find the data you want to delete and left-click on the three dots in the top-right corner of the item that you want to delete.
- Select “Delete” and that is it, your unwanted Clipboard item will be removed.
How to Clear Entire Clipboard History on Windows 10
If you want to delete all the items, this is the procedure to follow:
- As in the first example, you need to enter Clipboard History by pressing “Windows key” + V on your keyboard.
- Once you do that, go to the three dots, located in the top-right corner of any item listed in the “Clipboard History” and select “Clear all”.
- Now, you have successfully deleted every unpinned item in the “Clipboard History”.
How to Clear Pinned Items on Clipboard History on Windows 10
Deleting pinned items is also possible; however, it cannot be done automatically, for all the items, but one by one, just like with the single item deletion, and it involves the following:
- To begin with, you need to enter Clipboard History by pressing “Windows key” + V on your keyboard.
- Then, find the pinned data you want to clear, left-click on it and select “Delete” from the drop-down menu, and repeat that until you clear all the unwanted data.